Mechanical Inspection Services
Carolina Auto Auction offers Mechanical Inspection services on the day of sale. This inspection is done for a nominal fee and aligns with all auction lighting systems and arbitration rules.
If an issue arises the vehicle will be entered into arbitration for further evaluation by our trained Arbitration Specialists. By taking the burden of test-driving vehicles off of the dealer, he is allowed to stay in the sales lane and do what he does best — buying vehicles!
What is a BPP?
We know that sometimes the Buyer Protection Plan (BPP) process can be confusing. That’s why we’ve come up with a “cliff notes” version to help you out. Please see the full policy for more details, but this will get you started!
- To purchase a BPP, you must do it at the block at the time you purchase your vehicle. Online buyers who purchase an eligible vehicle and cannot be reached by CAA staff on Sale Day will not receive a BPP or any additional protection for their vehicle.
- Only “Green Light” vehicles 15 calendar years and newer with less than 150,000 miles are eligible for BPP.
- CAA must receive notice of any problems by the close of business either 7 or 14 days depending upon the program option purchased (Sale Day is Day #1). The BPP ends Tuesday at 5:00pm. The vehicle must be delivered at the buyer’s expense to CAA for repairs.
- If it’s determined that the issue is covered under our policy, we can either cancel the sale or repair the vehicle up to $1000 for 7-day products, $1500 for 14-day products, or $3000 for Premium 14-day coverage.
- The BPP warranty products are designed to protect you, and we have different styles and lengths of warranties to fit your needs.