Mechanical Inspection Services
Carolina Auto Auction offers Mechanical Inspection services on the day of sale. This inspection is done for a nominal fee and aligns with all auction lighting systems and arbitration rules. If an issue arises the vehicle will be entered into arbitration for further evaluation by our trained Arbitration Specialists. By taking the burden of test-driving vehicles off of the dealer, he is allowed to stay in the sales lane and do what he does best -- buying vehicles!
What is a BPP?
We know that sometimes the Buyer Protection Plan (BPP) process can be confusing. That’s why we’ve come up with a “cliff notes” version to help you out. Please see the full policy for more details, but this will get you started!
- To purchase a BPP, you must do it at the block at the time you purchase your vehicle. If you’re buying online, you can still get the BPP products, but you must let us know before 5pm on the day of purchase.
- You can still arbitrate a car even if you don’t purchase a BPP. Carolina Auto Auction adheres to most standard NAAA arbitration guidelines which always give you the right to arbitrate on the day of sale.
- You may only purchase a BPP product if your unit is both under 150,000 miles AND 15 years or newer. If your unit does not qualify for a BPP, then you may opt to purchase a standard Post Sale Inspection (PSI) product, which is a non-warranty product good only for Sale Day. You CANNOT purchase a regular Post Sale Inspection (non-warranty) product if your unit is eligible for a BPP (warranty) product. Sometimes this confuses folks, so be aware that the regular PSI products are designed for units that have over 150,000 miles or over 15 years old.
- The BPP warranty products are designed to protect you, and we have different styles and lengths of warranties to fit your needs.
- If you purchase a BPP and discover an issue with your vehicle, then contact Carolina Auto Auction immediately. If it’s determined that the issue is covered under our policy, we can either cancel the sale or repair the vehicle up to $1000 for 7-day products and $1500 for 14-day products.